Tuesday, April 26 – New York, NY
If you are making music I think you will agree with me when I say for better or for worse “What an interesting time it is for the recorded music industry.” There are a few elements that really make it “interesting;”
- Music creators now have options such as SONAR X1 to create finished masters without having to pay for studios, therefore having the luxury of time to hone in on perfecting the art of making great recordings.
- It’s a fact that music consumption is at a record high, but at the same time the money (in dollars) flowing into the industry as a whole is at a record low.
- Major Labels are no longer developing artists.
- Labels have lost the revenue of the “full length” record due to the fact that consumers can purchase singles for next to nothing now and bypassing those “throwaway” tracks.
- One can click a mouse and literally “distribute” a song to thousands of people at once.
…add in a few money making American Idols along with the astronomical amount of money it takes to be heard on CHR radio, and there you have it; an industry that is really tough to figure out right now.
With all that being said, modern technology including the internet has brought one thing to the table for sure; “the truth.” If you’ve really got something going on and the talent to back it up, cyber-authenticity kicks into high gear and recognition follows. The internet has created an upward filtering platform where people gravitate towards the entertainment by which they really want to be engaged. Javier Colon is absolutely a pioneer of this revolution and is about as authentic and talented as they come, which has landed him an audition on the new highly anticipated NBC television show “The Voice” airing Tuesday, April 26th.
Continue reading “SONAR X1 User Javier Colon to Appear on NBC’s “The Voice””